This is a suuuper late post, but I went to New Orleans last June and I just uploaded the pictures from the trip (it's January, thank you very much). I was able to go for a bachelorette trip in honor of my cousin Chelsea (a fellow blogger) and got to hang out with a group of hotties for a few days in one of the most exciting cities I've ever been to. It's really hard to capture the spirit of NOLA in the right words, but I'll try. My highlights:
- Waiting in line for beignets in the mornings.
- Art. Everywhere.
- Jazz. The nights were pumped with music, people dancing on the street.
- Oysters, sometimes with butter.
- The architecture. It reminded me of Disneyland, but with hoodoo.
- Beignets and cafe au lait (at night).
- A swamp tour. We didn't get to see the wild pigs, but we did see alligators. Or crocodiles? I can't remember which.
- Did I mention forkin' beignets????
Want more? Check out my Flickr.