If you tuned in last week, you probably know what I'm currently reading. Even though I'm enjoying it, I am always looking for other stuff to read and have an extensive TBR pile. I thought we could take a look into the future and see what I'm planning on reading next and why. I haven't read these books yet, so no spoilers please :)
- Ready Player One, Ernest Cline - I've had this book on my radar for the longest time and finally got a copy for Christmas. It looks like the perfect combination of fun and nerdy. Which is probably why a movie version is coming out soon (so it feels extra urgent to read this next).
- Carry On, Rainbow Rowell - I think this one is supposed to be the fic that Cath is writing in Rowell's other novel Fangirl, which I read recently. So it's Rowell writing as Cath, who is writing the fan fiction that we are currently reading?? This is probably going to be another fun one, since it's based on a Harry Potter-like world with magic and I'm wondering if we will see any callbacks to Fangirl in this book.
- Infinite Jest, David Foster Wallace - My brother gave this to me as a Christmas present, so I'm thinking he wants to know my thoughts about it >< I'm a little intimidated by it since it's THICK and the pages are thin, but based on the description on the back, it seems like it will be very funny. And I am always game for commentary on the entertainment business.
- Someone You Love is Gone, Gurjinder Basran - I got this novel as part of a monthly book subscription and it's been in my pile for a few months now. It seems like it's not gonna be super uplifting, but that's not always a bad thing.
- The Refugees, Viet Thanh Nguyen - I really enjoyed's Nguyen's novel, The Sympathizer, and decided to pick this up. I also want to read more short story collections, so this checks another thing off my list.
This is just a slice of the pile! I will probably share more TBR books once I get through some of these. What is in your TBR pile? Let me know in the comments!