If you know me, I’m normally the type of person who shies away from the spotlight. I like performing in terms of singing and I’ve acted in plays before, but that's totally different! When you perform, you get attention because you choose to show yourself, you’ve worked hard, you’ve prepared.
It’s hard to describe the kind of attention one receives as a bride, especially at a bridal shower or bachelorette party. People are happy for you because this great thing is happening, but it’s not like you’ve accomplished anything major (by yourself anyways) or even deserve all the love and support people are giving you and your chosen life partner.
People are happy because you're happy. It's love. And it's awesome.
Last weekend, I had the great privilege of sharing in all the happiness with my friends and family during a bridal shower/bachelorette party weekend. The bridal shower was hosted at my Ninang Janet's house in Long Beach and she, my mom, my Lola, and my MoH Betty did such an amazing job with everything. Immediately following, I was treated to an awesome bachelorette weekend in Newport Beach with my bridal party.
Memorable moments from last weekend:
- Having to improvise some decorations because the shower was rained in
- My aunt and Lola switching flowers around before the bridal shower started
- Taking pictures in front of the paper flower wall my mom worked really hard to make
- My friends being disappointed because I didn't cry/have a better reaction when Micah made a surprise appearance
- Trying to pick out a father/daughter dance song
- Daren's calendar ™
- The awesome waitress at Sunday brunch
- Ag driving us around in Kiara's car like we were going to Disneyland
- Attempting to take group selfies with an Instax camera and failing for some reason
- Harry Potter/Life talks
- Eating too much
Here are some pictures (not all taken by me). Thanks to everyone who shared their time with me and for all the amazing memories! <3